Members Helping Members...
When we are looking for career advancement or have a need to move forward, it’s helpful to have a community of advisors with the knowledge, skills and expertise, who can guide and counsel you as you face those challenges. PMIRGC has recognized the need and value of these relationships through the Mentorship and Careers Program.
Mentorship and Career Development
Merriam-Webster’s dictionary defines a mentor as “a trusted counselor or guide,” and our Mentorship and Careers program is designed with that definition in mind. PMIRGC's program is organic in nature and is designed to support the development of a mentor/mentee relationship, and to .
How does the PMIRGC program work?
If you are interested in participating in the program, follow the steps below.
- Mentorship and Careers activities will revolve around a regular meeting - previously our “Mentorship Mondays”, at our normal location and time. Based on interaction inside and outside the meetings, we can establish a:
- Formal mentorship relationship, resulting in a contract between you and a mentor.
- Set of short workshops and sessions, fulfilling general career needs and interests for a collection of people. We will be submitting surveys to start planning these, and always accept direct input.
- Informal interaction, which may not need such formal engagement. But fulfills a need that assists you toward your professional goals. You are always invited to our monthly meetings to find out what we’re all talking about:
We Meet each 2nd Monday of the Month @ 6pm, at the North Domingo Baca Center, 7521 Carmel Avenue NE, Classroom 7. Albuquerque, NM 87113
- If you wish to be a mentor or mentee, send an email to the Mentorship Program. Please note: Mentors must be credentialed, for example: PMP®, OPM3, PgMP®, PMI-ACPSM, PfMPSM , PMI-RMP®, PMI-SP® , Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt.
- The Mentorship Program will send you a personality assessment and a skills assessment. The personality assessment will help you understand your interaction style, and the skills assessment will identify your current project management skill levels. All information is confidential.